2016 Activist Echoes
I'm so proud of all that ECHO Action has accomplished in the past two years!
We were more active than ever in 2016!
ACTIONS / MARCHES / VISIBILITY
• 12 ECHO Action members went to Philadelphia to the March for a Clean Energy Revolution during DNC week.
• Marched for a political revolution & democracy in Philadelphia during DNC week.
• Marched in the Portsmouth Halloween Parade to raise awareness about offshore wind potential in the Gulf of Mexico, Portsmouth.
• Volunteered at and had an information table at the Rights & Democracy NH & VT "Our Revolution Barbecue" in Warner, NH.
• 350NH offshore wind rally at the NH State House.
• NH Rebellion's "Granny D Memorial Walk" with state candidates.
• Stop West Roxbury Lateral actions, 1 ECHO Action/Roaring Brook member arrested, West Roxbury, MA.
• Marched and participated in actions at Break Free Albany: Stop The Bomb Trains, Albany, NY.
• NH Rebellion's "We The People Convention", Manchester.
• Standing Rock Candlelight Vigil in Keene.
MEETINGS / COLLABORATION
• Concord Steam Task Force meetings to show opposition to fracked gas pipelines in the State House and Concord School District, State House.
• Keene City Council Meetings to gain support to stop the pipeline tax.
• NH Frontline Communities Coalition: Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative meeting with the Office of Energy Management & Toxics Action Center, Concord.
• NH Frontline Communities Coalition: Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative meeting with the Department of Environmental Services & Toxics Action Center, Concord.
• NH Public Utilities Commission (PUC) Meetings, Concord.
• Offshore wind meeting with the Governor's staff, State House.
• Drop-In Information Sessions at Winchester Town Hall & Fitzwilliam Library.
• Distributed signs, T-shirts and information to help stop the Northern Pass.
• Winchester Pickle Festival information booth.
• Pulpit Falls Clean up & Roaring Brook clean up in Winchester.
• Pipeline sign making workshop in Winchester.
• Pipeline Education Series in Winchester.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
• Representative attended the Summit for a Clean Energy Revolution in Philadelphia, networking with other organizations during DNC week.
• NPR's "The Exchange" on Greenwashing with Laura Knoy at LaBelle Winery, Amherst.
• 10 members heard First Nations legend Winona LaDuke speak, Keene State College.
• Pessamit Nation of Quebec presentation on the impact of the Northern Pass, New England College, Concord.
• First Nations tribes presentation on environmental racism, health impacts and needs on reservations at the Summit for a Clean Energy Revolution, Philadelphia
• NH Business Industry Association (BIA) Summit, Manchester
• New England Grassroots Sustainability Summit, Smith College, MA.
• Green Eggs & New HAMpshire Environmental Policy Breakfast, Keene.
• 350VT & Roots Justice Center "Environmental Justice Leadership Training", Brattleboro, VT.
• Climate Solutions workshop & hearing with NH environmental organizations at UNH Law Center.
• Sugar Shack Alliance full day training in non-violent direct action, Winchester.
• NH Sierra Club full day "Political Training", Concord.
• Our Roaring Brook Affinity Group for Non-Violent Direct Action was formed & monthly meetings held.
• Solidarity demonstration for Standing Rock at Otter Brook State Park, Keene.
• NH Energy Roundtable Discussion group which has become the Citizens Energy Workgroup, Nashua Public Library.
• Demonstration outside the the NH Energy Summit for renewable energy, Concord.
ORGANIZATIONS WE COLLABORATED WITH
• 350 Action
• Sierra Club NH
• NextGen Climate NH
• Protect The Granite State
• Rights & Democracy NH
• Ban The Plastic Bag NH
• Toxics Action Center
• Food & Water Watch
• Delaware Waterkeepers Network
• Attended political town halls, asked questions on energy, climate and pipeline issues of: Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, Jeb Bush, John Kasich, Carly Fiorina and NH gubernatorial candidates.
• Cookout with the Candidates & other NH candidate events.
• Attended gubernatorial candidates event in Nashua.
• Two members ran for state representative: Pat Martin & Laura Lynch!
• Four members ran as progressive politicial delegates.
• A member represented NH and gave testimony at the People's FERC hearing, Washington, D.C.
SOCIAL MEDIA, PRINT & MASS MEDIA, WEBSITE
• Maintained a strong and consistent presence on social media:
- ECHO Action Facebook page
- NH wants to be #FossilFree603 Facebook discussion group
- Twitter pages "@ECHOAction NH" and "@FossilFree603"
- Instagram page, "ECHO Action"
- YouTube channel, "ECHOaction.org"
• Distributed 1-2 newsletters monthly plus news & action blasts, keeping you up-to-date on our work and opportunities to participate
• Maintained a calendar and list of events, blog, photo galleries, information on all of our campaigns and a list of our active volunteer staff.
• Promoted events, disseminated news articles, shared live events, networked with other organizations.
• Contacted legislators and had campaigns to encourage supporters to do the same.
• Sent out press releases on noteworthy events and actions.
• Interviewed and quoted in print media and on television.
• Participated in CNN political news panel on "CNN New Day".